N D Greene PC Attorney Profile
Nancy D. Greene, Esquire
Nancy knows and means business. For over 25 years, she has worked with start-ups and multi-million-dollar companies. Passionate about empowering and educating business owners, Nancy has a near-allergic reaction to legal mumbo jumbo. Her no-nonsense, insightful, yet easy-to-understand principles and advice are especially highlighted in her best-selling book, Navigating Legal Landmines: A Practical Guide to Business Law for Real People, as well as legalese-free videos about the common mistakes that destroy businesses. A sought-after speaker for businesses at all stages in their growth and success, Nancy is also regularly featured on syndicated podcasts and blogs.
Nancy has been practicing law since 1995 and is the Founding Member of the Firm. She focuses her practice in the areas of business law, and civil and commercial litigation. Business law matters include business start-up considerations, policy and contract creation, and employee and independent contractor management. Nancy actively assists clients with their business disputes including shareholder or owner disagreements, contract disputes, lease and real estate disputes, fraud and misrepresentation claims, employment law disputes, discrimination and harassment claims, employee dishonesty matters such as embezzlement and theft of confidential information, landlord-tenant and breach of contract matters.
Nancy was born in Boston, Massachusetts where she resided until coming to Virginia for college. She has lived in Richmond, Alexandria, Fairfax City, Fairfax County and Fauquier County, where she and her husband have now settled. When not lawyering, Nancy lives on a horse farm with her family and writes fiction.
- University of Richmond – B.A in Psychology and Theatre- 1991
- Catholic University, Columbus School of Law – Juris Doctorate (JD) – 1995
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for Maryland
- United States District Court for Washington, D.C. $th Circuit
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for Maryland
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Tax Court.
Fairfax County Bar Association
June 16, 2015 – Step Into Your Power In Life and Business